- Upgraded the vendored
_markerlibto setuptools 2.1.
- Fixed an error that prevented accessing PyPI when pyopenssl, ndg-httpsclient, and pyasn1 are installed
- Fixed an issue that caused trailing comments to be incorrectly included as part of the URL in a requirements file
- pip now only requires setuptools (any setuptools, not a certain version) when installing distributions from src (i.e. not from wheel). (Pull #1434).
- get-pip.py now installs setuptools, when it’s not already installed (Pull #1475)
- Don’t decode downloaded files that have a
Content-Encodingheader. (Pull #1435)
- Fix to correctly parse wheel filenames with single digit versions. (Pull #1445)
- If –allow-unverified is used assume it also means –allow-external. (Pull #1457)
- BACKWARD INCOMPATIBLE pip no longer supports the
--mirrorsflags. The mirroring support has been removed. In order to use a mirror specify it as the primary index with
--index-url, or as an additional index with
--extra-index-url. (Pull #1098, CVE-2013-5123)
- BACKWARD INCOMPATIBLE pip no longer will scrape insecure external urls by
default nor will it install externally hosted files by default. Users may opt
into installing externally hosted or insecure files or urls using
--allow-unverified PROJECT. (Pull #1055)
- BACKWARD INCOMPATIBLE pip no longer respects dependency links by default.
Users may opt into respecting them again using
pip install --no-installand
pip install --no-downloadare now formally deprecated. See Issue #906 for discussion on possible alternatives, or lack thereof, in future releases.
pip unzipare now formally deprecated.
- pip will now install Mac OSX platform wheels from PyPI. (Pull #1278)
- pip now generates the appropriate platform-specific console scripts when installing wheels. (Pull #1251)
- Pip now confirms a wheel is supported when installing directly from a path or url. (Pull #1315)
- Fixed #1097,
--ignore-installednow behaves again as designed, after it was unintentionally broke in v0.8.3 when fixing Issue #14 (Pull #1352).
- Fixed a bug where global scripts were being removed when uninstalling –user installed packages (Pull #1353).
- Fixed #1163, –user wasn’t being respected when installing scripts from wheels (Pull #1176).
- Fixed #1150, we now assume ‘_’ means ‘-‘ in versions from wheel filenames (Pull #1158).
- Fixed #219, error when using –log with a failed install (Pull #1205).
- Fixed #1131, logging was buffered and choppy in Python 3.
- Fixed #70, –timeout was being ignored (Pull #1202).
- Fixed #772, error when setting PIP_EXISTS_ACTION (Pull #1201).
- Added colors to the logging output in order to draw attention to important warnings and errors. (Pull #1109)
- Added warnings when using an insecure index, find-link, or dependency link. (Pull #1121)
- Added support for installing packages from a subdirectory using the
subdirectoryeditable option. ( Pull #1082 )
- Fixed #1192. “TypeError: bad operand type for unary” in some cases when installing wheels using –find-links (Pull #1218).
- Fixed #1133 and #317. Archive contents are now written based on system defaults and umask (i.e. permissions are not preserved), except that regular files with any execute permissions have the equivalent of “chmod +x” applied after being written (Pull #1146).
- PreviousBuildDirError now returns a non-zero exit code and prevents the previous build dir from being cleaned in all cases (Pull #1162).
- Renamed –allow-insecure to –allow-unverified, however the old name will continue to work for a period of time (Pull #1257).
- Fixed #1006, error when installing local projects with symlinks in Python 3. (Pull #1311)
- The previously hidden
--log-fileotion, is now shown as a general option. (Pull #1316)
- New Signing Key Release 1.4.1 is using a different key than normal with fingerprint: 7C6B 7C5D 5E2B 6356 A926 F04F 6E3C BCE9 3372 DCFA
- Fixed issues with installing from pybundle files (Pull #1116).
- Fixed error when sysconfig module throws an exception (Pull #1095).
- Don’t ignore already installed pre-releases (Pull #1076).
- Fixes related to upgrading setuptools (Pull #1092).
- Fixes so that –download works with wheel archives (Pull #1113).
- Fixes related to recognizing and cleaning global build dirs (Pull #1080).
- BACKWARD INCOMPATIBLE pip now only installs stable versions by default,
and offers a new
--preoption to also find pre-release and development versions. (Pull #834)
- BACKWARD INCOMPATIBLE Dropped support for Python 2.5. The minimum supported Python version for pip 1.4 is Python 2.6.
- Added support for installing and building wheel archives. Thanks Daniel Holth, Marcus Smith, Paul Moore, and Michele Lacchia (Pull #845)
- Applied security patch to pip’s ssl support related to certificate DNS wildcard matching (http://bugs.python.org/issue17980).
- To satisfy pip’s setuptools requirement, pip now recommends setuptools>=0.8, not distribute. setuptools and distribute are now merged into one project called ‘setuptools’. (Pull #1003)
- pip will now warn when installing a file that is either hosted externally to the index or cannot be verified with a hash. In the future pip will default to not installing them and will require the flags –allow-external NAME, and –allow-insecure NAME respectively. (Pull #985)
- If an already-downloaded or cached file has a bad hash, re-download it rather than erroring out. (Issue #963).
pip bundleand support for installing from pybundle files is now considered deprecated and will be removed in pip v1.5.
- Fixed a number of issues (#413, #709, #634, #602, and #939) related to cleaning up and not reusing build directories. (Pull #865, #948)
- Added a User Agent so that pip is identifiable in logs. (Pull #901)
- Added ssl and –user support to get-pip.py. Thanks Gabriel de Perthuis. (Pull #895)
- Fixed the proxy support, which was broken in pip 1.3.x (Pull #840)
- Fixed issue #32 - pip fails when server does not send content-type header. Thanks Hugo Lopes Tavares and Kelsey Hightower (Pull #872).
- “Vendorized” distlib as pip.vendor.distlib (https://distlib.readthedocs.org/).
- Fixed git VCS backend with git 1.8.3. (Pull #967)
- Fixed a major backward incompatible change of parsing URLs to externally hosted packages that got accidentily included in 1.3.
- SSL Cert Verification; Make https the default for PyPI access. Thanks James Cleveland, Giovanni Bajo, Marcus Smith and many others (Pull #791, CVE-2013-1629).
- Added “pip list” for listing installed packages and the latest version available. Thanks Rafael Caricio, Miguel Araujo, Dmitry Gladkov (Pull #752)
- Fixed security issues with pip’s use of temp build directories. Thanks David (d1b) and Thomas Guttler. (Pull #780, CVE-2013-1888)
- Improvements to sphinx docs and cli help. (Pull #773)
- Fixed issue #707, dealing with OS X temp dir handling, which was causing global NumPy installs to fail. (Pull #768)
- Split help output into general vs command-specific option groups. Thanks Georgi Valkov. (Pull #744; Pull #721 contains preceding refactor)
- Fixed dependency resolution when installing from archives with uppercase project names. (Pull #724)
- Fixed problem where re-installs always occurred when using file:// find-links. (Pulls #683/#702)
- “pip install -v” now shows the full download url, not just the archive name. Thanks Marc Abramowitz (Pull #687)
- Fix to prevent unnecessary PyPI redirects. Thanks Alex Gronholm (Pull #695)
- Fixed issue #670 - install failure under Python 3 when the same version of a package is found under 2 different URLs. Thanks Paul Moore (Pull #671)
- Fix git submodule recursive updates. Thanks Roey Berman. (Pulls #674)
- Explicitly ignore rel=’download’ links while looking for html pages. Thanks Maxime R. (Pull #677)
- –user/–upgrade install options now work together. Thanks ‘eevee’ for discovering the problem. (Pull #705)
- Added check in
install --downloadto prevent re-downloading if the target file already exists. Thanks Andrey Bulgakov. (Pull #669)
- Added support for bare paths (including relative paths) as argument to –find-links. Thanks Paul Moore for draft patch.
- Added support for –no-index in requirements files.
- Added “pip show” command to get information about an installed package. Fixes #131. Thanks Kelsey Hightower and Rafael Caricio.
- Added –root option for “pip install” to specify root directory. Behaves like the same option in distutils but also plays nice with pip’s egg-info. Thanks Przemek Wrzos. (Issue #253 / Pull #693)
- Fixed a regression introduced in 1.2 about raising an exception when not finding any files to uninstall in the current environment. Thanks for the fix, Marcus Smith.
- Dropped support for Python 2.4 The minimum supported Python version is now Python 2.5.
- Fixed issue #605 - pypi mirror support broken on some DNS responses. Thanks philwhin.
- Fixed issue #355 - pip uninstall removes files it didn’t install. Thanks pjdelport.
- Fixed issues #493, #494, #440, and #573 related to improving support for the user installation scheme. Thanks Marcus Smith.
- Write failure log to temp file if default location is not writable. Thanks andreigc.
- Pull in submodules for git editable checkouts. Fixes #289 and #421. Thanks Hsiaoming Yang and Markus Hametner.
- Use a temporary directory as the default build location outside of a virtualenv. Fixes issues #339 and #381. Thanks Ben Rosser.
- Added support for specifying extras with local editables. Thanks Nick Stenning.
--eggflag to request egg-style rather than flat installation. Refs issue #3. Thanks Kamal Bin Mustafa.
- Fixed issue #510 - prevent e.g.
gmpy2-2.0.tar.gzfrom matching a request to
pip install gmpy; sdist filename must begin with full project name followed by a dash. Thanks casevh for the report.
- Fixed issue #504 - allow package URLS to have querystrings. Thanks W. Trevor King.
- Fixed issue #58 - pip freeze now falls back to non-editable format rather than blowing up if it can’t determine the origin repository of an editable. Thanks Rory McCann.
- Added a __main__.py file to enable python -m pip on Python versions that support it. Thanks Alexey Luchko.
- Fixed issue #487 - upgrade from VCS url of project that does exist on index. Thanks Andrew Knapp for the report.
- Fixed issue #486 - fix upgrade from VCS url of project with no distribution on index. Thanks Andrew Knapp for the report.
- Fixed issue #427 - clearer error message on a malformed VCS url. Thanks Thomas Fenzl.
- Added support for using any of the built in guaranteed algorithms in
hashlibas a checksum hash.
- Fixed issue #321 - Raise an exception if current working directory can’t be found or accessed.
- Fixed issue #82 - Removed special casing of the user directory and use the Python default instead.
- Fixed #436 - Only warn about version conflicts if there is actually one.
This re-enables using
==devin requirements files.
- Moved tests to be run on Travis CI: http://travis-ci.org/pypa/pip
- Added a better help formatter.
- Fixed issue #326 - don’t crash when a package’s setup.py emits UTF-8 and then fails. Thanks Marc Abramowitz.
--targetoption for installing directly to arbitrary directory. Thanks Stavros Korokithakis.
- Added support for authentication with Subversion repositories. Thanks Qiangning Hong.
- Fixed issue #315 -
--downloadnow downloads dependencies as well. Thanks Qiangning Hong.
- Errors from subprocesses will display the current working directory. Thanks Antti Kaihola.
- Fixed issue #369 - compatibility with Subversion 1.7. Thanks Qiangning Hong. Note that setuptools remains incompatible with Subversion 1.7; to get the benefits of pip’s support you must use Distribute rather than setuptools.
- Fixed issue #57 - ignore py2app-generated OS X mpkg zip files in finder. Thanks Rene Dudfield.
- Fixed issue #182 - log to ~/Library/Logs/ by default on OS X framework installs. Thanks Dan Callahan for report and patch.
- Fixed issue #310 - understand version tags without minor version (“py3”) in sdist filenames. Thanks Stuart Andrews for report and Olivier Girardot for patch.
- Fixed issue #7 - Pip now supports optionally installing setuptools “extras” dependencies; e.g. “pip install Paste[openid]”. Thanks Matt Maker and Olivier Girardot.
- Fixed issue #391 - freeze no longer borks on requirements files with –index-url or –find-links. Thanks Herbert Pfennig.
- Fixed issue #288 - handle symlinks properly. Thanks lebedov for the patch.
- Fixed issue #49 - pip install -U no longer reinstalls the same versions of packages. Thanks iguananaut for the pull request.
PIP_RESPECT_VIRTUALENV; both use a restart-in-venv mechanism that’s broken, and neither one is useful since every virtualenv now has pip inside it. Replace
pip -E path/to/venv install Foowith
virtualenv path/to/venv && path/to/venv/pip install Foo.
- Fixed issue #366 - pip throws IndexError when it calls scraped_rel_links
- Fixed issue #22 - pip search should set and return a userful shell status code
- Fixed issue #351 and #365 - added global
--exists-actioncommand line option to easier script file exists conflicts, e.g. from editable requirements from VCS that have a changed repo URL.
- Fixed docs issues.
- Fixed issue #295 - Reinstall a package when using the
- Fixed issue #283 - Finds a Git tag pointing to same commit as origin/master
- Fixed issue #279 - Use absolute path for path to docs in setup.py
- Fixed issue #314 - Correctly handle exceptions on Python3.
- Fixed issue #320 - Correctly parse
--editablelines in requirements files
- Start to use git-flow.
- Fixed issue #274 - find_command should not raise AttributeError
- Fixed issue #273 - respect Content-Disposition header. Thanks Bradley Ayers.
- Fixed issue #233 - pathext handling on Windows.
- Fixed issue #252 - svn+svn protocol.
- Fixed issue #44 - multiple CLI searches.
- Fixed issue #266 - current working directory when running setup.py clean.
Added Python 3 support! Huge thanks to Vinay Sajip, Vitaly Babiy, Kelsey Hightower, and Alex Gronholm, among others.
Download progress only shown on a real TTY. Thanks Alex Morega.
Fixed finding of VCS binaries to not be fooled by same-named directories. Thanks Alex Morega.
Fixed uninstall of packages from system Python for users of Debian/Ubuntu python-setuptools package (workaround until fixed in Debian and Ubuntu).
Added get-pip.py installer. Simply download and execute it, using the Python interpreter of your choice:
$ curl -O https://raw.github.com/pypa/pip/master/contrib/get-pip.py $ python get-pip.py
This may have to be run as root.
Make sure you have distribute installed before using the installer!
- Moved main repository to Github: https://github.com/pypa/pip
- Transferred primary maintenance from Ian to Jannis Leidel, Carl Meyer, Brian Rosner
- Fixed issue #14 - No uninstall-on-upgrade with URL package. Thanks Oliver Tonnhofer
- Fixed issue #163 - Egg name not properly resolved. Thanks Igor Sobreira
- Fixed issue #178 - Non-alphabetical installation of requirements. Thanks Igor Sobreira
- Fixed issue #199 - Documentation mentions –index instead of –index-url. Thanks Kelsey Hightower
- Fixed issue #204 - rmtree undefined in mercurial.py. Thanks Kelsey Hightower
- Fixed bug in Git vcs backend that would break during reinstallation.
- Fixed bug in Mercurial vcs backend related to pip freeze and branch/tag resolution.
- Fixed bug in version string parsing related to the suffix “-dev”.
Avoid redundant unpacking of bundles (from pwaller)
Fixed issue #32, #150, #161 - Fixed checking out the correct tag/branch/commit when updating an editable Git requirement.
Fixed issue #49 - Added ability to install version control requirements without making them editable, e.g.:
pip install git+https://github.com/pypa/pip/
Fixed issue #175 - Correctly locate build and source directory on Mac OS X.
git+https://scheme to Git VCS backend.
- Added global –user flag as shortcut for –install-option=”–user”. From Ronny Pfannschmidt.
- Added support for PyPI mirrors as defined in PEP 381, from Jannis Leidel.
- Fixed issue #138 - Git revisions ignored. Thanks John-Scott Atlakson.
- Fixed issue #95 - Initial editable install of github package from a tag fails. Thanks John-Scott Atlakson.
- Fixed issue #107 - Can’t install if a directory in cwd has the same name as the package you’re installing.
- Fixed issue #39 - –install-option=”–prefix=~/.local” ignored with -e. Thanks Ronny Pfannschmidt and Wil Tan.
- Track which
build/directories pip creates, never remove directories it doesn’t create. From Hugo Lopes Tavares.
- Pip now accepts file:// index URLs. Thanks Dave Abrahams.
- Various cleanup to make test-running more consistent and less fragile. Thanks Dave Abrahams.
- Real Windows support (with passing tests). Thanks Dave Abrahams.
pip-2.7etc. scripts are created (Python-version specific scripts)
contrib/build-standalonescript creates a runnable
.zipform of pip, from Jannis Leidel
- Editable git repos are updated when reinstalled
- Fix problem with
.egg-info/directories are found.
- A number of VCS-related fixes for
pip freeze, from Hugo Lopes Tavares.
- Significant test framework changes, from Hugo Lopes Tavares.
- Set zip_safe=False to avoid problems some people are encountering where pip is installed as a zip file.
- Fixed opening of logfile with no directory name. Thanks Alexandre Conrad.
- Temporary files are consistently cleaned up, especially after installing bundles, also from Alex Conrad.
- Tests now require at least ScriptTest 1.0.3.
- Fixed uninstallation on Windows
- Tab-complete names of installed distributions for
- Support tab-completion when there is a global-option before the subcommand.
- Install header files in standard (scheme-default) location when installing outside a virtualenv. Install them to a slightly more consistent non-standard location inside a virtualenv (since the standard location is a non-writable symlink to the global location).
- pip now logs to a central location by default (instead of creating
pip-log.txtall over the place) and constantly overwrites the file in question. On Unix and Mac OS X this is
'$HOME/.pip/pip.log'and on Windows it’s
'%HOME%\\pip\\pip.log'. You are still able to override this location with the
$PIP_LOG_FILEenvironment variable. For a complete (appended) logfile use the separate
'--log'command line option.
- Fixed an issue with Git that left an editable packge as a checkout of a remote branch, even if the default behaviour would have been fine, too.
- Fixed installing from a Git tag with older versions of Git.
- Expand “~” in logfile and download cache paths.
- Speed up installing from Mercurial repositories by cloning without updating the working copy multiple times.
- Fixed installing directly from directories (e.g.
pip install path/to/dir/).
- Fixed installing editable packages with
- Don’t print unwanted debug information when running the freeze command.
- Create log file directory automatically. Thanks Alexandre Conrad.
- Make test suite easier to run successfully. Thanks Dave Abrahams.
- Fixed “pip install .” and “pip install ..”; better error for directory without setup.py. Thanks Alexandre Conrad.
- Support Debian/Ubuntu “dist-packages” in zip command. Thanks duckx.
- Fix relative –src folder. Thanks Simon Cross.
- Handle missing VCS with an error message. Thanks Alexandre Conrad.
- Added –no-download option to install; pairs with –no-install to separate download and installation into two steps. Thanks Simon Cross.
- Fix uninstalling from requirements file containing -f, -i, or –extra-index-url.
- Leftover build directories are now removed. Thanks Alexandre Conrad.
- Fixed import error on Windows with regard to the backwards compatibility package
- Fixed uninstall when /tmp is on a different filesystem.
- Fixed uninstallation of distributions with namespace packages.
- Added support for the
http-staticschemes to the Mercurial and
ftpscheme to the Bazaar backend.
- Fixed uninstallation of scripts installed with easy_install.
- Fixed an issue in the package finder that could result in an infinite loop while looking for links.
- Fixed issue with
pip bundleand local files (which weren’t being copied into the bundle), from Whit Morriss.
pip uninstalland uninstall-before upgrade (from Carl Meyer).
- Extended configurability with config files and environment variables.
- Allow packages to be upgraded, e.g.,
pip install Package==0.1then
pip install Package==0.2.
- Allow installing/upgrading to Package==dev (fix “Source version does not match target version” errors).
- Added command and option completion for bash and zsh.
- Extended integration with virtualenv by providing an option to automatically use an active virtualenv and an option to warn if no active virtualenv is found.
- Fixed a bug with pip install –download and editable packages, where directories were being set with 0000 permissions, now defaults to 755.
- Fixed uninstallation of easy_installed console_scripts.
- Fixed uninstallation on Mac OS X Framework layout installs
- Fixed bug preventing uninstall of editables with source outside venv.
- Creates download cache directory if not existing.
- Fixed a couple little bugs, with git and with extensions.
- Added ability to override the default log file name (
pip-log.txt) with the environmental variable
- Made the freeze command print installed packages to stdout instead of
writing them to a file. Use simple redirection (e.g.
pip freeze > stable-req.txt) to get a file with requirements.
- Fixed problem with freezing editable packages from a Git repository.
- Added support for base URLs using
<base href='...'>when parsing HTML pages.
- Fixed installing of non-editable packages from version control systems.
- Fixed issue with Bazaar’s bzr+ssh scheme.
- Added –download-dir option to the install command to retrieve package archives. If given an editable package it will create an archive of it.
- Added ability to pass local file and directory paths to
- Reduced the amount of console log messages when fetching a page to find a distribution was problematic. The full messages can be found in pip-log.txt.
--no-depsoption to install ignore package dependencies
--no-indexoption to ignore the package index (PyPI) temporarily
- Fixed installing editable packages from Git branches.
- Fixes freezing of editable packages from Mercurial repositories.
- Fixed handling read-only attributes of build files, e.g. of Subversion and Bazaar on Windows.
- When downloading a file from a redirect, use the redirected location’s extension to guess the compression (happens specifically when redirecting to a bitbucket.org tip.gz file).
- Editable freeze URLs now always use revision hash/id rather than tip or branch names which could move.
- Fixed comparison of repo URLs so incidental differences such as presence/absence of final slashes or quoted/unquoted special characters don’t trigger “ignore/switch/wipe/backup” choice.
- Fixed handling of attempt to checkout editable install to a non-empty, non-repo directory.
-ework better with local hg repositories
- Construct PyPI URLs the exact way easy_install constructs URLs (you might notice this if you use a custom index that is slash-sensitive).
- Improvements on Windows (from Ionel Maries Cristian).
- Fixed problem with not being able to install private git repositories.
pip zipzip all its arguments, not just the first.
- Fix some filename issues on Windows.
- Allow the
--extra-index-urloptions in requirements files.
- Fix the way bundle components are unpacked and moved around, to make bundles work.
-soption to allow the access to the global site-packages if a virtualenv is to be created.
- Fixed support for Subversion 1.6.
- Improved virtualenv restart and various path/cleanup problems on win32.
- Fixed a regression with installing from svn repositories (when not
- Fixes when installing editable packages that put their source in a
- Added support for editable packages created from Git, Mercurial and Bazaar repositories and ability to freeze them. Refactored support for version control systems.
- Do not use
sys.exit()from inside the code, instead use a return. This will make it easier to invoke programmatically.
- Put the install record in
Package.egg-info/installed-files.txt(previously they went in
- Fix a problem with
pip freezenot including
-e svn+when an svn structure is peculiar.
pip -Eto work with a virtualenv that uses a different version of Python than the parent environment.
- Fixed Win32 virtualenv (
- Search the links passed in with
- Detect zip files, even when the file doesn’t have a
.zipextension and it is served with the wrong Content-Type.
- Installing editable from existing source now works, like
pip install -e some/path/will install the package in
some/path/. Most importantly, anything that package requires will also be installed by pip.
- Add a
pip un/zip, so you can avoid zipping files that are outside of where you expect.
- Fixed small problem that prevented using
pip.pywithout actually installing pip.
--upgrade, which would download and appear to install upgraded packages, but actually just reinstall the existing package.
- Fixed Windows problem with putting the install record in the right
place, and generating the
pipscript with Setuptools.
- Download links that include embedded spaces or other unsafe characters (those characters get %-encoded).
- Fixed use of URLs in requirement files, and problems with some blank lines.
- Turn some tar file errors into warnings.
- Renamed to
pip, and to install you now do
pip install PACKAGE
- Added command
pip zip PACKAGEand
pip unzip PACKAGE. This is particularly intended for Google App Engine to manage libraries to stay under the 1000-file limit.
- Some fixes to bundles, especially editable packages and when
creating a bundle using unnamed packages (like just an svn
- Added an option
--install-optionto pass options to pass arguments to
.svn/directories are no longer included in bundles, as these directories are specific to a version of svn – if you build a bundle on a system with svn 1.5, you can’t use the checkout on a system with svn 1.4. Instead a file
svn-checkout.txtis included that notes the original location and revision, and the command you can use to turn it back into an svn checkout. (Probably unpacking the bundle should, maybe optionally, recreate this information – but that is not currently implemented, and it would require network access.)
- Avoid ambiguities over project name case, where for instance
MyPackage and mypackage would be considered different packages.
This in particular caused problems on Macs, where
mypackage/are the same directory.
- Added support for an environmental variable
$PIP_DOWNLOAD_CACHEwhich will cache package downloads, so future installations won’t require large downloads. Network access is still required, but just some downloads will be avoided when using this.
- Always use
export) so that
tag_svn_revisionsettings give the revision of the package.
- Don’t update checkouts that came from
- Improve error text when there are errors fetching HTML pages when seeking packages.
- Improve bundles: include empty directories, make them work with editable packages.
- If you use
-E envand the environment
env/doesn’t exist, a new virtual environment will be created.
dependency_linksfor finding packages.
- Fixed a NameError exception when running pip outside of a virtualenv environment.
- Added HTTP proxy support (from Prabhu Ramachandran)
- Fixed use of
hashlib.md5on python2.5+ (also from Prabhu Ramachandran)
- Initial release